Pack the perfect
Diapers? Wipes? Stylish carryall that doesn't scream "mom"? Check. Here's what every on-the-go parent should know.
How many times have you forgotten to pack something important? Whether it's diapers, wipes or the diaper bag itself, Walmart has you covered with low prices on everything for the on-the-go parent. Better yet, we're going to make your mobile life a lot easier with a checklist of everything your diaper bag needs for an outing, plus insightful tips for your back pocket.
Basic diaper-bag toolkit
- Diaper bag
- Baby wipes and hand wipes (you can never have enough)
- Diaper crèmes and ointments
- Extra clothes (hey, accidents happen)
- Bottles and training cups (a.k.a., sippy cups)
- Formula, milk and water
- Food dishes and utensils
- Pacifiers and teethers
- Medicine cabinet (sunscreen, bulb syringe, mini first-aid kit)
- Toys (great as distracters)
Diaper bag tips to remember
- Get a quality diaper bag. And get one that's bigger than you think you need, with multiple compartments the extra room will come in handy. Backpacks also work for those who want both arms free.
- To save time, get a second diaper bag and keep it packed with diapering accessories and ready to go for shorter outings.
- Bring a plastic or biodegradable bag for disposing of waste. People will appreciate it.
- For longer trips, make a list of everything needed on a per-day basis, and then pack accordingly. Double-check when you're done.
- Keep leaks at bay by packing liquids, medicines and snacks in separate re-sealable plastic bags.
- Don't forget a travel changing pad. They're easy to transport and come in handy when in a pinch.
- Always have emergency contact info on hand — health insurance cards, phone numbers for family, friends and doctors.